Guide to User Problems
|This guide collects answers developed by helpteam members to many NFN user questions.|
1.Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Connect to Network.
2.Click on Set up a connection or network.
3.Select Set up a dialup connection and click Next.
4.Enter the phone number for the Naples Free-Net 417-1474
5.You should also enter your Free-Net User Name as the User name and the password you chose as the Password.
6. You should also give the Dial-up Connection a more specific name such
as Naples Free-Net (in case there might be others). Then, click on Connect
to make sure it works.
Click on the Windows MAIL icon. A Setup Wizard appears the first time Mail is opened. Follow the on-screen directions. If you need to change or add an email account, click on Tools in the bar at the top of the page.
1. When Tools opens, scroll down and click on Accounts.
2. On the Internet Accounts page, click on the Add button in the right column of the screen.
3. The Select Account Type screen will ask you what type of account you want to add. Select the E-mail Account icon. Then click Next.
4. On the Your Name screen type the name (John and Jane Doe) you want to appear in your emails. Click Next.
5. On the Internet E-mail Address screen type in your NFN e-mail address, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Next.
6. On the Set Up Email Servers screen, make sure POP3 is selected in the server type box. In the incoming mail server box type mail.naples.net. In the outgoing mail server box type mail.naples.net. Make sure there is NO checkmark in the Outgoing server requires authentication box. Click Next.
7. On the Internet Mail logon screen, type your Username (nfn12345 or johnandjane) and in the Password box type your chosen password (********). Put a checkmark in the Remember Password box if you dont want to type it in each time you use mail. Click Next. On the Congratulations screen click Finish.
1.Click on the Windows Logo (START) in the lower left corner of the Desktop.
2.Click on Control Panel.
3.Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4.Click on Manage Network Connections from the list on the left side of the screen.
5.RIGHT click on the Naples Freenet icon.
6.Select Create Shortcut.
NFN Vista Configuration
Go Directly to Page: |
Top of this page Search this site Print Total page Print Main Text only ?
Translate this page.
this page viewed 1,593 times and was developed/maintained using
NFN's Webpage Storyboard Application