To make CDs play automatically
when inserted in the CD-ROM drive
- Open System properties in Control Panel.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the plus sign next to CDROM, click the device you want to
use, and then click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab, and then select the Auto insert
notification check box.
- Another way to open Control Panel is to click Start, point to
Settings, and then click Control Panel. If you don't see the
item you want, click view all Control Panel options.
- This setting applies to all CDs, including games, multimedia, and audio
- To prevent CDs from playing automatically, clear the Auto insert
notification check box, or press and hold down the SHIFT key while
inserting a CD.