Helpteam Procedures Manual
This reference guide is designed to assist NFN Helpteam members
understand the operational processes of the organization.
Good morning or Good afternoon.
[Is this where you sign up for that free Internet service?]
Yes, you are in the right place.
[Not a lot]
Let me take a moment to tell you a little about us.
The Naples Free-Net is a non-profit organization registered with the IRS and the State of Florida dedicated to creating and enhancing an electronically connected community in Southwest Florida.
We have three key missions:
We are supported through contributions made by our users, by major corporate sponsors, by fees collected from registrants in our classes, and from commissions on sales made through our website by several partners.
We offer two kinds of accounts: Standard IDs and Custom IDs
Which kind of account do you want?
Here is an application form.
To qualify for membership, we need you to provide us with this basic information. We also need to verify your identity with a valid photo ID. We copy this onto your registration form. This allows us to check the identity of anyone seeking to make changes to your account.
On the back of the application form is our user agreement. Key parts of this agreement are:
1. You agree to limit your use to four hours total a day.
2. You understand that NFN will not provide information to others about your account, but may provide information to duly authorized law enforcement personnel. Our system administrator also has the right, upon written complaint, to monitor email and expunge inappropriate, offensive or illegal email from our system.
4. The NFN system is not to be abused. Our system administrator may withdraw logon IDs of abusers immediately, documenting the reason.
5. NFN has the right to limit your disk space (usually this limit is 20 MB).
6. NFN can not be used to post any item which would be deemed obscene under Florida Law.
7. Slanderous material (publication causing injury to a persons reputation exposing them to public hatred, contempt, shame, or disgrace) may not be posted on NFN.
8. NFN does not warrant the functions of the system will meet any specific requirements or that it will operate uninterrupted without error.
9. NFN shall nolt be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential (including lost data, information, or lost profits or income) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of the system, the operation of the system, or the inability to use the system.
Do you have any questions about the NFN user agreement? Please sign here to indicate your understanding and consent.
[After completing the registration]
Present the new user with a copy of "Using the Naples Free-Net" along with an installation disk. Also include a Home Page Flyer and a pamphlet explaining Naples Free-Net.
Thank you for joining NFN.
Go Directly to Page: |
Top of this page Search this site Print Total page Print Main Text only ?